Recipe//Superfood Salad

After eating some cheat meals this week I needed to detox.  So why not detox on something yummy?
All of the ingredients are going to have you flipping out. In a good way.


To make this super-tasty-healthy-detox-salad you need the followings:
  • A cup of Kale (you can add more if you desire) ~ 34 calories
  • Half a cup of dry Quinoa ~ 313 calories
  • Half a cup of canned chickpeas ~ 118 calories
  • A packet of Starkist's Tuna Creations in Sunflower Oil (2.6 oz. pack) ~ 150 calories
  • Half of a tomato (my tomato was small) ~ 8 calories
  • A tablespoon of parmesan grated cheese ~ 22 calories
You can adjust a number of ingredients to whatever you desire. This was only a suggested guideline.


Total calories: 655
That may seem like a lot, so read this before you throw the recipe out the window.
I'm going to share some easier, more deceitful fast foods that sometimes get our attention too often. Hopefully, this will put into perspective the quantity of good food versus the amount you can eat in a drive-thru.
Mcdonald's Double Quarter Pounder w/cheese ~ 780 calories
Mcdonald's Bacon Clubhouse Grilled Chicken Sandwich ~ 610 calories
Burger King's Whopper ~ 760 calories
Dairy Queen's Chicken Strip basket (4 pc. with gravy) ~ 1030 calories
Dairy Queen's 1/2 lb. GrillBurger ~ 800 calories
Sonic's Cheeseburger (with mustard) ~710 calories
These are only to give you an idea of the quantity. Typically, after I eat some of the listed items above I'm never truly satisfied. My tummy is still rumbling for more after I throw the wrapper away.
However, after eating a power bowl full of tasty, fresh ingredients I was stuffed. The quinoa helps you to get full fast. I had no desire for anything else after I ate. Which is surprising, especially for me.
I hope you take time for yourself today and make better decisions for your body.
It takes only the first step.
Anna
"Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body."
(1 Corinthians 6:19-20)
https://www.bible.com/114/1CO.6.19-20

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivational Inspiration/ /Living Temple

Motivational Inspiration + Book Review/ /Finding Worth

Motivational Inspiration/ /Cast Your Care