Motivational Inspiration/ /Life is a Vapor



If there's one thing that I've learned in my 17 years of existence is, the distractions of this life are abundant.

Seems like I'm always living in the tomorrow. Just recently my Heavenly Father has opened my eyes to my rapid pace- you need to slow down.

Between relationships, school, work, and Christmas just around the corner, along with the stress of all those things piled up on top of each other, it's enough to make a person swamped. I find myself stressed over the smallest of things, like what I'm going to wash tomorrow so that I'll be able to wear it on the days of work, or a certain chore that needs to be finished, how many algebra problems I need to complete, and the Instagram pictures I need to post, etc. Do you ever feel as if you're living in the next day?

"Whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away."



After I read this verse I immediately felt His presence. It's as if there was a wave of clarity that washed over me. Like a missing puzzle piece that fits all the jumbled mess, my brain can muster up. I re-read that verse again and realized the one thing that I have neglected to take time for. And that is His time.

"All flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of the grass. The grass withers, and its flower falls away, but the word of the LORD endures forever."



Life doesn't last forever, so don't get distracted like I easily can be. Take time for Him, and stop worrying about the little things. They are not eternal, however, your relationship with the Creator of the universe is.

Instead of working your time around Him, try working His time around yours. If you seek Him with your utmost attention- then He will work everything else out.



♡ Anna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivational Inspiration/ /Living Temple

Motivational Inspiration + Book Review/ /Finding Worth

Motivational Inspiration/ /Cast Your Care