Motivational Inspiration/ /Expecting Rain

Cup of the day/ /classic chai tea

Today was a freezing day. The sun was hiding behind the clouds, the sky was an indigo shade, and the weather didn't rise past the 48° (fahrenheit) mark on the thermometer. 

Don't you just love those candid moments when life seems like it's going to go one way and then it takes a turn and slams you with a big surprise? Or when you expect things to unfold in a precise way, but in the end, the outcome is completely different?

I've begged my family to go hiking for months now, and today was the one day all of our schedules were clear. When we were traveling to our destination, I was expecting it to be a disaster. It was going to start pouring the rain, the hiking trails were going to be muddy and miserable to walk through, which was going to make my family eager to leave and then we'd barely get to do the things we planned. Something, I knew was bound to cause us to turn around. It was non-verbally announced that today was most definitely going to be awful.

The reason why I put one headphone in my ear and tried to pour in some optimism before the journey began. After getting everything situated, we started on the trail.

The rain didn't come.

In fact, in never did. There was one point in the hike where it felt as if God opened up my eyes and did a 'Mhm' moment. He sent what I didn't deserve. A shower.

Climbing across a natural bridge made out of rock, as we descended further down the mountain, we found ourselves eventually traveling underneath where we first crossed over. Under the bridge, there were rivets of mini waterfalls flowing.

About the same time, we approached the beautiful scene, Washed By the Water, by NeedtoBreathe shuffled in my Spotify playlist.

I stopped and thought how unworthy. I am so unworthy. Why would He reveal himself to me, a doubting and pessimistic believer? But that's our God, isn't it? He loves the unjust, and he gives mercy to the undeserving. At that moment, standing in the dry air, watching it rain from above, all I could do was smile.

"But godliness with contentment is great gain."



Godliness, what is godliness? And why would it be a 'great gain' to have with contentment?

  • By reading the Bible, understanding it, and believing it to be true.

  • The following step is to actually live it out. That is godliness.


"He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?"



What about contentment? What does it mean to be content?

  • Rest or quietness of the mind in the present condition; a satisfaction which holds the mind in peace.

  • A restraining complaint, opposition, or further desire.

  • Often implying a moderate degree of happiness.


"Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you.'"



I'm so thankful He reveals Himself to me. For I am the least deserving, especially for my griping and doubtful behavior.

I confess that He is my Lord and Savior, and His confirmation that I am His is priceless.

Have you ever had similar moments? When life turns and you let yourself get overwhelmed with the worry and stress? Know that you are not the only one. He has it all under control. Be content with Him and everything will unravel itself.





/ /Images came from Bible.com and SheReadsTruth.com.


♡ Anna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivational Inspiration/ /Living Temple

Motivational Inspiration + Book Review/ /Finding Worth

Motivational Inspiration/ /Cast Your Care