Motivational Inspiration/ /Cast Your Care



Yesterday was one of those days when you go into the bathroom to find a quiet place to internally scream. Please tell me I'm not the only one who does this.

Everything started out perfectly at dawn. Had all my ducks in a row and every bow was perfectly timed. Then bad news came and with it a multitude of mistakes and mishaps that made the workday seem to stretch. Never before in my days of working was there a day with so many errors in it. I felt like a palm tree in the midst of a hurricane, getting tossed and flipped by the oncoming storm. At one point the day met its climax and a sudden thought blew past my mind; I know the Master of the storm. What do I have to fear?

I know the Master of the storm.

The disciples were placed into a similar circumstance in Mark, however, their storm was literal rain and wind.

Jesus was teaching parables on a boat to the many eager listeners that filled the beach. Once he was finished, he told the disciples to cross the sea of Galilee. As they were on their way, a storm appeared and the waves crashed into the boat that Jesus was in and started to fill with water, yet Christ was fast asleep. The disciples began to worry and stress out over the chaos around them. Their faith sunk and their doubting arose. They decided to wake Jesus and ask something that I'm afraid we ask too many times:

"Teacher, do you not care that we are perishing?”

That question, fed by the doubt that we allow ourselves to believe in steals the one thing we neglected to appreciate before a disaster happens. Hope, even in the midst of a storm.

Our selfishness and self-pity outshine the calm spirit that God wants us to obtain.
Nevertheless, the truth still remains. Jesus Christ is the Master of the storms, both in the physical and spiritual realm.

After I was reminded that I have a personal relationship with the One who has created light and dark; the earth and heavens; the beginning and the end, I grew comforted by the Spirit inside of me. What a privilege that we have in our Lord, Jesus Christ! Yet, we choose to focus on the negatives in our lives rather than the positives. I pray that this inspires you and also, motivates you to not get caught up in the everyday frailties.

When I left the quiet closet I made for myself in the public bathroom, something comforting happened; a confirmation of security and safety washed over me. Finding Favour's song, 'Cast My Cares,' was playing and the lyrics were so perfectly adequate for that moment, all I wanted to do was praise Him.

"I will cast my cares on you
You're the anchor of my hope
The only one who's in control"


He's in control. Through sunshine and rain, He loves you and will sustain you. All you need to do is trust in Him.




♡ Anna

Comments

  1. Hello Anna. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. Your post on Cast your care is very comforting and encouraging. I am blessed by it. Also I am truly blessed and feel privileged and honored to get connected with you as well as know you and about your love for the Lord. through your profile on t he blogger and the blog post. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been int he Pastoral ministry for last 37 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reachout to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to t he brokeenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come to Mumbai with your friends to work with us during their vacation time. I am sure you will have alife changing experience. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting, Pastor Diwakar. It is a supreme blessing to be able to meet a fellow believer in Christ! I'll definitely be praying for you and for the ministries in Mumbai, India. Thank you for your kind invitation, hopefully in the future a door will be opened for me to be able to spread my own testimony in the uttermost parts of the world, but as for now I will remain where He wants me.
      May you and your family be blessed! Thank you again for the precious comment. To God be the glory!
      ♡ Anna

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Motivational Inspiration/ /Living Temple

Motivational Inspiration + Book Review/ /Finding Worth