Motivational Inspiration/ /Lightbulb




Last year, my youth group and I traveled to North Eastern Indiana to help out with other churches partnered with our church's association. While we were on the mission trip our comfort zones became almost non-existent. This year, however, we were a little familiar with our surroundings, but there were still scenarios that were unexpected, and a bit surprising. 
Heading north, our group had no clear mission work schedule, we were literally going up to help out wherever was needed. That's no easy thing to do, at least for me it isn't. I like things planned out, listed and crossed to the 't'. Which made me step back and realize that is one of my faults. I like to be in charge of everything around me. I like to be the boss sometimes, or all the time... However, in God's word, it tells us to be quite the opposite. 


"Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up." 

There are multiple verses about humbling yourself and one of them was actually read in a Bible study we were able to join one evening, with some fellow believers whom we met the previous year. It's as if God was reminding me, yet again, to take a step back. 
Even though our group went up there to step out with a goal of sharing the gospel and showing the communities God's love, we realized that God's intention was much more than that. He was doing mission work in our own lives, as He drew us nearer by teaching us patience and humbleness every day.  

Our theme verse during the trip was Matthew 5:16.



Showing kindness can change a person, but that's not always the case. Most received us in a loving and kind way which encouraged each of us to go the extra mile. Although, there were several doors that were opened with visible hatred and pride.
However, if it's one thing I've learned, it is you can't change the world by remaining silent. Actions speak louder than words do.
You've got to do something. And if that something means cutting a tree with a machete, like one of our brothers from the Philippines done at a church camping facility; or step over needles, while wearing sandals on the sidewalk trying to reach doors to hand out the Living Word to lost souls; then... it's worth it. So worth it. 

If you are truly concerned about something then you're going to act out on it. You're inevitably going to do something about it, right? Why then, do we not warn the people around us their urgent need for a Savior? As Christians, I don't think we understand the importance of our purpose on this earth enough. 

Images found on Pinterest!

If you are afraid of what others might think or scared for your very safety in spreading the Gospel, here is a comforting verse sent by God:

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. We love Him, because He first loved us."  

At first the very thought of going up to someone and asking them if they knew Jesus, or simply offering them a Gideon's New Testament scared me to the point of wanting to vomit. What do I say exactly? What will happen if they come back with a mind boggling question? How can I warn them about the importance of their eternal destination? 
This morning, during my quiet time at dawn I asked God to reveal a scripture to me fitting for something I can use in this post, well He did. 


"-for I will give you a mouth and wisdom which all your adversaries will not be able to contradict or resist." 

He'll give you the words to say. We just have to walk out on the water and do it.



Believers are allowed to go out boldly because we now possess Christ's righteousness which acts like a veil to cover our unrighteousness. If you're fully engulfed in God's love, like my youth pastor said, then others won't even be able to see you at all, because they'll see the One who is inside of you. 

"Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way, which He hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;" 

If we simply offer our sincere hearts and act out on the things that we believe in, God will use it for His plan. I believe there is a plan. History is the study of the past, but God knows the story of the future. History is actually His story.


"Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for He is faithful that promised)"  

If we knew every person and every situation before it played out in our lives it wouldn't be as interesting a life as God has in store for us, now would it? Imagine a life of knowing. The not knowing part is what makes it so beautiful.
Our first step will always be the hardest, but in all reality, what do we have to lose? If people decline your offer or message, don't take offense to it, because you are not the One who they are rejecting. A lady told us those exact words after knocking on her door one morning. What a blessing it was to receive that kind of motivation!

Just think about the possibilities that can come from acting on faith. If you'd like examples of people who took these 'leaps of faith' look no further than the 11th chapter of Hebrews. God uses the weakest to shine the light to the mighty.


One day at work, it was slowly reaching the middle of the day. I was tired. Only a couple of regular customers had come in that morning. There was one kid who was having breakfast with his grandmother. When he came to check out I was beyond ready to talk to someone-anyone-that I asked what his name was, and then one thing led to the next and I ended up asking him if he would like to come to my church's VBS that night. To be honest, I probably wouldn't have done that to just anyone who so-happened to be there, but at that moment I felt like the spirit was leading me to ask, so I did. God used my boredom and willingness to bring about His glory. That's what He does! Who knew that boredom could help exit the bubble of comfort we too-often wrap ourselves with?



I hope that this motivates you in your own personal walk with the Lord, and I pray that you may have an encounter after you read this to step out of that comfort zone and witness to someone. Remember, it's always that first step.




Here are some songs I listened to while on the mission trip (which I'm still shuffling through now)!


♡ Anna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivational Inspiration/ /Living Temple

Motivational Inspiration + Book Review/ /Finding Worth

Motivational Inspiration/ /Cast Your Care