Motivational Inspiration/ /The Perfect Servant


Have you ever been through a long day at work and feel as if you haven't done a thing? Or, you make a to-do list in your head and the list just keeps expanding? 
I'm never satisfied. It seems there's always something else I need to finish. My mind strays to the tasks that need to be done, rather than living in the mess. Some people call me a clean freak. When working I tend to keep myself preoccupied with things that won't make me seem idle, especially if or when the boss makes an unexpected check up. It seems as if every time my employer comes by where I am working it's in those moments when I'm plumb worn out of being a busy body. It seems as if I've not done a thing when in reality I've been trying to keep myself from not doing anything. Does that make sense? 
Just this past week I pondered why exactly I get so wound up in trying to look as if I'm a hard worker. Why do I desire to please other people so much. Why does it even matter if nobody sees? And an immediate answer came to mind. God sees. He sees everything. Even the things your employer might not. In the Bible it talks about how God knows more than what's in your mind, he knows the heart. 
"For the LORD does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.”

That's such a comforting thought but at the same time a terrifying one. No matter what we may allow ourselves to appear unto others, God knows who we truly are. He created us, of course, He knows us inside and out.  


Another question formed between these wanderings; who am I doing it for then? Was I doing it for appearance? Praise and admiration? When I should be doing it because I am able to. Because that's what He, my God, requires of me to be. A servant. 
"And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men,"


How do we become this servant of God? We can look no further than the Cross to see a thorough presentation of the perfect servant. Jesus shows us time and time again how to be a servant. Now if we want to be true followers of Him we ought to act like Him.  
"For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.”


"And whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivational Inspiration/ /Living Temple

Motivational Inspiration + Book Review/ /Finding Worth

Motivational Inspiration/ /Cast Your Care