How to Be Healthy During Thanksgiving



You're not the only one stressing out about staying on track during these yummy-comfort-food-feasts. If you're like me you don't just have one favorite dish, you enjoy them ALL.
So I've come up with a list of tips that will make your conscience feel easy and not stressful during Thanksgiving!

Tip #1 - Drink water
Water is so important! Our bodies are mostly made of it, so I'm pretty sure God approves of us drinking it (Daniel 1:12). I like to mentally keep track of how much water I consume on a regular basis. Which is around 50 oz. Pay attention to how much you drink now and double it (if possible), or drink ⅓ more when you know you'll be eating lots of sodium-packed foods.




When you've got your empty plate waiting to get it looking full, keep in mind to get your vegetables. I'm not saying you can't get a spoonful (or a couple spoonfuls) of dressing, but get more dishes that have a vegetable as the main ingredient. For example, for every scoop of dressing you pile on your plate, get two scoops of green beans or carrots, etc.




Tip #3 - Exercise early
Don't wait to get your routine in! I've been there. After a long day of school and work, I don't want to be reminded of my forgotten pilate sesh or have to do some weights before bed. Night time is sleepytime. So, with that being said here are some benefits of working out early that might inspire you.
• the morning is a very peaceful time, plus it gives you alone time to get your mind ready for the day
• early movement boosts your metabolism
• you'll feel less stressed when you go on about your day
• exercising on an empty stomach makes you burn fat faster




Tip #4 - Plan beforehand
Planning your meals throughout the day is SO helpful! I do this constantly to maintain my weight. If I know I'm going to have a big dinner I'll eat a smaller breakfast. Don't starve yourself for Thanksgiving, but limit yourself a bit more than usual, because you'll eat a little more than usual.



♡ Anna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivational Inspiration/ /Living Temple

Motivational Inspiration + Book Review/ /Finding Worth

Motivational Inspiration/ /Cast Your Care