Motivational Inspiration/ /All Life is Precious



Have you ever felt jealous of another person? Maybe they had better clothes than you, or they could afford certain things you couldn't. What about wishing bad on another person because of that reason? 

You were created to be just who you are. Why try to disrupt that originality by trying to mimic others? Never degrade yourself because you are different from others. You have been made perfect through Jesus. He has sealed us and filled us with a Spirit of love and hope (II Corinthians 1:22) if you are a child of the King. Child of the King? What does that mean?

I read that scripture verse before a certain encounter at work. A certain individual was in the mood to cause dispute, I assume, because he wanted to feel better about himself. I listened and after a while, I could not believe what my ears were hearing. I immediately began to pray (to myself), while he was still bickering. The topic of his verbal debate started on schooling, and then it slowly progressed to drugs and the wicked evil that is most commonly found in high schools. Instead of agreeing with discouraging those iniquities, he believed that it should, in fact, be the opposite. By allowing young minds to be tricked into that pit (called drug addictions) that young adolescents find themselves voluntarily falling into, it "weeds out the natural selection".

When I was able to squeak in a few words, I told him plainly that all life is precious, because it is. The whole "weeding out" the population mindset is cruel. We have no right to judge the worth of a person. We already know Who the Giver and Taker of life is.

“The LORD kills and makes alive; He brings down to the grave and brings up." 
 

Another good cross-reference verse is:
"‘Now see that I, even I, am He, And there is no God besides Me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; Nor is there any who can deliver from My hand."

We think to ourselves that we are better than most. But are we really? A sin is a sin in God's eyes. Comparing ourselves to others does nothing but stir up envy or hate. Rather, we, including me, should stop looking at others to fill that void inside of us. The only person that can fill that longing we all search for is Jesus Christ. 

Recently I have been struggling with this personally. Instead of turning on K-Love of Air-1 radio stations I tend to click on the secular pop stations more so than normal. That's fine, don't get me wrong, but over time you'll start to catch yourself only wanting more and more of the secular music until that's the only thing you listen to. At least, that's what I do. It's enticing and it makes you feel good when you sing out loud to a song about breaking up or being in love. But have you ever stopped and actually listened to the lyrics of most popular tracks? They're nasty. Yet, I choose to listen to that over something that I can sing to praise my Creator. 


It's the little things that catch us off guard. The enemy will use anything to steal, kill, or destroy our testimonies and walk with the Lord. Take into account that you are made for so much more!  


Man doesn't know the future, nor the hearts of others, but guess who does? The One who came to give us abundant life (John 10:10). We can be all He created us to be if we simply seek Him with all of our hearts. Trust me, it's not easy surrendering your all. I struggle with this simple request daily. I just wanted to point out something that we all wrestle with and hopefully give you some encouragement.


I hope you needed this as much as I did!

♡Anna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivational Inspiration/ /Living Temple

Motivational Inspiration + Book Review/ /Finding Worth

Motivational Inspiration/ /Cast Your Care