Motivational Inspiration//Focus


"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God."

Do you ever feel like your on pause? Like there's something happening all around you but you can't see it?

Recently a friend mentioned something that stuck with me. She made the reference to Peter denying Jesus. Even though Jesus' disciple sinned against Him three different times during the crucifiction, what happened to Peter 50 days later? Did Peter stay hidden and scared for his life? Was he trampled on by the enemy? Or did he become stronger and braver as a voice for the Lord? (see here the day of Pentecost)

“You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden."

I think we as believers forget after we get stuck in a rut, that we can come out of it much stronger than before. I am as guilty as anyone when it comes to being caught up in the moton of things. But God reminded me this week that we don't have to be that way. Focus on Him and He will guide you. Don't let your past hinder your future.

"They shall see His face, and His name shall be on their foreheads. There shall be no night there: they need no lamp nor light of the sun, for the Lord God gives them light. And they shall reign forever and ever."

To help us be reminded and focused on the Truth, we need to stick closely to His Word.

"You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes."

The Bible is one of the best gifts God has given us. The Bible is His letter written personally to you! It changes every day. The more you read it, the more you want to read it! If we go into His Word seeking something for ourselves we're probably not going to find it. When you read the Bible examine yourself, but most importantly listen to what He is saying. That's how God speaks to us, through His holy, inspired written Word.

"Examine me, O Lord, and prove me; try my mind and my heart. For Your lovingkindness is before my eyes, and I have walked in Your truth."

Once you have the Truth inside of you, you'll notice the changes that start to take place. Your interests start to change. Your desires become His desires. Your hopes and goals will combine with His best plan for your life. I read a quote from a book during my quiet time and it said: "Don't you think the One who instills the desires knows how to fulfill them?"

"Delight yourself also in the Lord,

And He shall give you the desires of your heart."

If we focus our desires around His desires for us, He is going to bless us beyond what our biggest dreams are. For this upcoming year I have chosen a verse that is going to be my ambition.

'Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning, For in You do I trust; Cause me to know the way in which I should walk, For I lift up my soul to You.' 


I want to hear His voice clearer than ever. Trust Him wholeheartedly in every opportunity that arises. And follow His path for my life. 

I encourage you to read through the Bible and choose a verse that will motivate you in the upcoming new year!

"I have set the Lord always before me; because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved.
You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore."

Even though the seasons change, God will never change. His hand is always there. Focus on Him!
I hope these words moved you in some way! Merry Christmas lovely reader!
♡Anna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivational Inspiration/ /Living Temple

Motivational Inspiration + Book Review/ /Finding Worth

Motivational Inspiration/ /Cast Your Care