Motivation Inspiration/ /Clean the Garden



I'm all for spring cleaning. In fact, I'm a clean freak. I don't just clean in the springtime. I clean all year round. I'm the type of person that will re-arrange my closet every couple of months and re-fold all of my closet drawers so that they look nice. Yes, I totally do that. And the thing is, I don't really do it for anyone else besides myself. The only one who sees my closet is my sister, who still shares a room with me. I've always been that way.

As I was cleaning this afternoon, a thought came into my head. You know those thoughts that make you startle, like, 'where did that come from?' I know you've had one of those before.
"What about cleaning your soul?"

I stopped my dusting and came to realize that is one thing I almost always neglect to pick up. Have you ever wondered that? How do you clean your soul? Redemption by the blood of Christ will certainly clean your soul; 'whiter than snow' as the Bible says. But I'm talking about a different kind of cleaning.

Recently I read a book about praying for your future husband. One of my all-time favorite authors had a quote in it about the heart.



Imagine your heart like a garden. God has handcrafted your garden like no other. And no other knows exactly what your garden is like, besides Him. When you grow in your faith, the flowers and ivy and greenery grows along with you. Just imagine if you allow your garden to be ruined by the sin you allow in?

Kari Jobe's song 'In the Garden' is a beautiful song about our hearts. The garden of our souls.
Then I saw the garden
Hope had come to me
To sweep away the ashes
And wake me from my sleep
I realised
You never left
And for this moment
You planned ahead
That I would see
Your faithfulness in all of the green
I can see the ivy
Growing through the wall
'Cause You will stop at nothing
To heal my broken soul


There are a lot of things I need to pluck out of my garden. Doubts. Fears. Insecurities. Lies.

 But I can still see the Light. That everlasting Light that will never ever abandon me. The Light that will forever cause my heart to grow with love and compassion. But when  I allow darkness to distract me, my garden can wither away. The blooms that were once bright and lively can be dimmed. It's time to give it up. Let Jesus have my whole heart. I can't hold anything back that He won't be able to see. Trying to cover up will only leave you more work to clean out later.

'“Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean; put away the evil of your doings from before My eyes. Cease to do evil, learn to do good; seek justice, rebuke the oppressor; defend the fatherless, plead for the widow. Come now, and let us reason together,' says the Lord, 'Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall be as wool.'"
Isaiah 1:16-18 
My dear friends, is it time to clean out your garden?

♡Anna

Images were created by Pinterest and Canva.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivational Inspiration/ /Living Temple

Motivational Inspiration + Book Review/ /Finding Worth

Motivational Inspiration/ /Cast Your Care