Beauty Haul/ /Summer 2017


I was plumb empty on several of my major go-to products, so I made a stop to one of my happy places; Ulta. Shopping for beauty necessities, yes every girl has 'em, is always one of my favorite things to do. Especially if you can make a girls' day out of it!
Here is my June makeup haul. I purchased a few Staples, along with some products that I've never tried before. So let's get into it!


Kenra//Volume Spray 25//10.0 oz

After noticing that Stephaniea famous hairstylist that I've been stalking for over a year nowpartnered up with Kenra to distribute her own line of texturizing products, I knew that I had to grab me some.




Advertised to hold hair even up to 25MPH wind power. Humidity resistance is very high (yay! I live in a State that has sporadic weather, so this one is a biggie). Flakey-free and dries fast, holding up to 120 hours. I was really excited about this one.  After using it for several hairstyles I've noticed that the texturizing attribute is on point. I can spray it lightly on some newly washed hair and it will give you that second-day wash-like feel, which makes your hair easier to work with. The hold on it, however, I was not really enthusiastic about. Most of the time if I was only using for the hold, it wouldn't last all day. Although, if I used another hairspray alongside it, my hairstyle lasted much longer. Now on to the next! 

bareMinerals//Nothing Beats the Original//0.67oz//Light Medium 03



Bare Minerals has a starter kit that includes:






  • Prime Time (0.67 oz)
  • Original Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15 (0.67 oz)
  • Mineral Veil Finishing Powder (0.67 oz)
  • Beautiful Finish mini brush

While browsing the inside of my local Ulta, looking like a girl who has never seen makeup before in her life, a consultant came by and asked me if I was looking for something in particular. I took the gumption and asked if I could get a color match. Now, I'm not the type of person who would have ever asked first, which is probably why I was wandering around the store for 40 minutes not really knowing what to look for. After she got a few shades she thought matched my skin, she then allowed me to apply the foundation onto my cheek and neck. Let me tell you, I was impressed. I've got really bad rosacea on my face and one swipe of the foundation powder covered it completely.

Benefit//POREfessional Face Primer Mini//0.25 oz

bareMinerals

Because the BareMinerals'Get Started Kit' already had a primer in it I got the mini size of this weapon. I've sampled this product before and fell in love. It works flawlessly and applies as a primer should. Even and smooth. It's not oily, like most of the primers that I have used in the past.


tarte//shape tape contour concealer//0.34 oz.





I went with a rather darker shade than I am used to when typically getting a concealer. One, my skin has changed since the summer season rolled in and two, I read up on how darker concealers tend to cover more, rather than lighter ones which highlight areas. 



The application is very opaque. The amount of product that comes out of each dip inside the container is quite abundant. I would not recommend using all of the makeup that you get when you first apply. A little bit goes a long way! 
I must say that I really like this product though. It's the first concealer I have purchased from Tarte cosmetics and I am pleasantly pleased. It stays, doesn't crease too bad, again you've got to watch how much you're using the stuff, plus it stays on all day. 
Another really good (and cheap!) concealer is Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind concealer


Here is a selfie featuring the products reviewed, along with some hairstyles that have been featured with these select products.

Messy, Twisted Updo 


Double Dutch Infinity Braid


Loose Spirals

Thanks for reading my Summer beauty haul of 2017!
♡ Anna


Comments

  1. Hello Anna Elizabeth. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on theblogger and the blog post. I am blessed and feel privileged and honored to get connected with you as well as know you and about you being Jesus' lover and about your interest in Beauty products. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 38 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come with your friends to work with us during your vacation time. I am sure you will have a life changing experience. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmai(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Motivational Inspiration/ /Living Temple

Motivational Inspiration + Book Review/ /Finding Worth

Motivational Inspiration/ /Cast Your Care